5 Quick and Easy Thanksgiving dessert ideas
The holiday season is upon us, and it’s truly one of the busiest times of the year. That means it's time to start thinking about what desserts to make for Thanksgiving! Between work, family, and social obligations, it can be tough to find time to prepare a big Thanksgiving feast. And while the turkey may be the star of the show, let's not forget about the dessert! After all, what's Thanksgiving without a little something sweet to top off the meal?
If you're like most people, you probably have the main course covered but are struggling with what to make for dessert and if you're short on time or just not feeling particularly creative this year, never fear. I've got five quick and easy Thanksgiving dessert ideas that are sure to please even the pickiest of eaters! Try these out!
Quick peach Melba crumbles
Do your kids love sweet fruits and peaches? Give this dessert a try and you will surely amaze them with the quickest peach dessert that you can find!
- 410g can of sliced peaches in syrup
- 1 tbsp butter
- 150g raspberries
- 100ml whipping cream
- ½ tbsp icing sugar
- 100g granola
- Pour the can of peaches, with the syrup, into a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the butter and simmer until the peaches are hot. Once simmering, add the raspberries and cook for 1-2 mins more until hot.
- Meanwhile, put the cream in a large bowl with the icing sugar and whisk until lightly whipped.
- Using a slotted spoon, put the peach Melba mixture into four serving dishes and top each with a sprinkling of granola and a dollop of cream.
Quick sticky toffee puddings
If you have a pudding-lover family and toffee-lover children, no need to worry as well! You can still make them happy with this easy sticky toffee pudding! Try this 2-step procedure and be hassle-free preparing dessert during Thanksgiving dinner!
- 4 large chocolate muffins, crumbled
- 50g large sultanas
- small knob of butter, for greasing
- For the sauce:
- 50g light muscovado sugar
- 50g butter
- 75ml double cream
- vanilla ice cream, to serve
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Mix the muffins with the sultanas. Divide between 4 buttered ramekins or one baking dish. Cover with foil and bake for 8 mins until just warmed through.
- Meanwhile, place the sugar, butter, and cream in a small pan and gently heat together, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Pour the sauce over the muffin mixture and serve warm with ice cream.
Vegan Coffee Jelly Dessert
Want to have guilt-free dessert this Thanksgiving but also die-hard coffee addict? Here’s a solution to your dessert dilemma! Try this unique Vegan Coffee Jelly Dessert instead and make sure everybody in the family enjoys their dessert time confidently!
- Agar Agar powder
- Instant black coffee
- Dairy-free condensed milk
- Dairy-free milk
- Making the coffee jelly: Bring water to a boil in a small pot, then turn down the heat to simmer. Add in the agar agar, instant coffee, and sugar, then stir every few seconds. Continue until the agar agar powder and sugar dissolved completely. Pour it into 1 large or 2 small shallow dishes and let them cool down before placing them in the fridge to chill. TIP: to speed up the cooling process, place ice packs under the dish.
- Making the sweetened cream: whisk together coconut condensed milk (or sweetener of choice) with either creamer or milk.
- Once the coffee jelly has firmed up, run the tip of your knife down the coffee vertically and horizontally, making ½ inch sized cubes. Scoop the cubes into serving cups. TIP: Flip the dish over on a plate or cutting board and then scoop them into serving cups to keep clean cube shapes.
- Pour over the sweetened cream made earlier and enjoy!
Pumpkin Spicy Hot Chocolate
If you think the Main courses are more than enough to keep the family and guests stuffed after dinner and won’t have room for more, just serve them this Pumpkin Spicy Hot Chocolate for dessert!
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 packets Sweet’ N Low®
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups milk (I used soy milk)
- 2 tablespoons pure pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Whipped cream, pumpkin pie spice (optional topping)
Banana split Sundae
If you want something more unique yet super quick to do, give your sundae a twist and go with Banana Split Sundae! You can never go wrong, pleasing to the eyes, Instagram-able dessert, and putting it in a sustainable tumbler that keeps it cold for hours is definitely a game-changer!
The 10oz Elemental Rocks Tumbler will keep your Banana Split Sundae cold for hours on the Thanksgiving table to keep your dessert from melting. More fun hours of conversation with the family over dessert! The best news is that you can put cocktails, brandy, and other drinks in this tumbler as well while enjoying the whole Thanksgiving Party and getting into the moment! This will also be a great investment as it is durable, sustainable and, eco-friendly so you can still use it in the coming Thanksgivings, other parties/events, regular drinking days, and more! This can also be a great gift idea for your loved ones during this Holiday Season or any occasion!
Check this tumbler out here: https://www.liveelemental.com/collections/recess-series-rocks-glass
- 2-3 scoops of ice cream (Vanilla or Chocolate)
- Ripe Bananas
- Dark chocolate chip (Or Hershey)
- Chopped peanuts or any kind of nuts you like
Melt the Dark chocolate chip. Put it in the microwave for about 30 to 45 seconds.
While melting the chocolate, slice a banana in half. Put it in a 10oz Elemental Rocks tumbler.
Put 2-3 scoops of ice cream in one portion beside the sliced banana(You can choose either Vanilla or Chocolate but you can explore different flavors as long as it compliments the Banana flavor!)
Put the melted chocolate on top of the ice cream for extra flavor
Chop some Peanuts or any kind of nuts you like to sprinkle and garnish your banana split Sundae.
Making desserts during this Holiday Season doesn't have to be complicated or time-consuming. After all, it is mostly done by people who have so much love and care for their families that they put their efforts into preparing their best dishes and recipes every year.
Whether you're short on time or just not feeling particularly festive this year (or just not feeling up to spending hours in the kitchen), These five quick and easy desserts are perfect, you can have something delicious and festive without spending hours in the kitchen and they're sure to please even the pickiest of eaters! So go ahead and give one (or all!) of them a try this holiday season! Your family (and your stomach) will thank you!